Background and Experience
DONDRA BASS O’NEAL, the founding member of Bass Law, was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia. She obtained her B.S. degree in criminal justice from The University of South Carolina, and she obtained her J.D. degree from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Dondra has been practicing law for over 20 years. Licensed by both the State Bar of Georgia and The Florida Bar, she has worked for a number of well-known firms throughout Georgia and Florida, including Thompson Goodis & Thompson, Hawkins & Parnell and Mozley, Finlayson & Loggins. Dondra spent the first 10 years of her career primarily representing insurance companies by defending injury, death and property claims. Realizing that she often empathized with the injured individuals who lacked the resources and sophistication of the insurance companies they were fighting, Dondra opened Bass Law in 2006 to fulfill her dream of helping to level the playing field for these individuals. Dondra’s past experience provides the unique advantage of understanding how insurance companies operate and knowing the specific criteria used by insurance adjusters in their evaluations of claims.
Experience. Excellence. Results.
For over a decade, Dondra has been an AV-rated attorney, the highest rating possible by Martindale-Hubbell, one of the most respected attorney rating firms in the U.S. This rating signifies that Dondra has been recognized by her peers for exceptional ability and strict ethical standards and displays the highest level of professional excellence. Dondra’s experience combined with the level of attention given to each client’s case sets her apart from other attorneys and has allowed her to achieve great results for her clients. In fact, Bass Law is proud to state that the vast majority of its clients come from word-of-mouth referrals from former clients and referrals from other attorneys.
- Stetson University College of Law (Juris Doctor) – 1997
- University of South Carolina (Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice) – 1992
- State Bar of Georgia – 2000
- State Bar of Florida – 1997
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit – 2000
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia – 2000
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia – 2004
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia – 2017
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida – 1998
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia – 2000
- In addition, Dondra has handled cases on a pro hac vice basis in federal courts in the States of Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Virginia.